Platform Architecture - Cellular Hardware Architect
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next ground-breaking Apple products. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Are you ready to be part of a team revolutionizing wireless hardware technology? In this role you will be a key member of the Wireless Architecture team responsible for defining the cellular hardware architecture in new product segments.
- - We are counting on your expertise with cellular chipset architectures (such as details of baseband processing systems, RF transceivers and power management units), including aspects of system integration such as high-bandwidth host interfaces, platform operational modes, RF front-end control and power management
- - We expect you have reached a high degree of proficiency in understanding / designing embedded system components (CPUs, memories, HW-accelerators etc.)
- - We trust you have deep understanding of cellular radio access standards (including but not limited to LTE, UMTS, GSM) and their implications on cellular chipset architectures and on the modes of operation of a chipset
- - You understand SW architecture / designing methodology e.g. object-oriented / structured methods
- - You are confident in programming with C/C++, Python
- - Your communication skills are excellent, and you have experience working with international team
- You will analyze, define and track cellular hardware system requirements in new segments, defining and documenting the architecture and the requirements specifications - You will develop embedded system models for modem subsystems based on the modem architecture specification, physical layer and system models - You will collaborate with and drive internal and external multi-functional teams to develop and document the cellular hardware architecture - You will analyze, model, and track cellular hardware requirements & performance targets - You will create and identify new use cases for cellular hardware (including RF, physical and higher protocol layers of baseband processing) and drive related customization initiatives with internal and external partners
Education & Experience
Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.