Platform Architecture - Cellular Modem Systems Architect
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to be part of a team who is transforming hardware technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. In this role, you will be a key member of the wireless architecture team working on modem systems architecture aspects for the L1/physical layer.
- Wireless system engineering experience in physical layer modeling and design (e.g. physical layer procedures, algorithm development for PHY layer, link level systems modeling etc).
- Deep understanding of wireless radio standards (including but not limited to 5G-NR, LTE, UMTS) and their implications on physical layer algorithms and procedures
- Proven background in physical layer systems engineering including requirements analysis, communication theory & signal processing algorithm definition/modeling
- Strong skills in coding PHY algorithms (preferably in C/C++, or other object-oriented languages, Matlab, etc.)
- . Ability to effectively work with multi-functional teams and proficiency in leading technical initiatives across a multi-functional organisation.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation.
• Analyze modem system requirements based on wireless standards and product requirements and set system performance targets for wireless subsystems and drive the modem baseband architecture for PHY data-path and PHY control • Develop algorithms and generate bit-true models for verification with the digital team • Develop and document system performance models and drive multi-functional system engineering tasks related to product performance optimization • You will drive multi-functional teams for consistent analysis, modeling, tracking and reporting of modem PHY performance/KPIs (such as link level and system level performance) • Create intellectual property • You will prepare and drive project decisions related to physical layer system architecture.
Education & Experience
• MS/PhD in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.