Platform Architecture - Cellular Modem Systems Architect
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you want to bring passion and dedication to your job? There's no telling what you could accomplish at Apple. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Are you ready to join us to help deliver the next ground-breaking Apple products? Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to be part of a team revolutionizing wireless hardware technology? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the extraordinary and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. In this role you will be a key player in our world-class Wireless Architecture team working on modem systems architecture aspects for the L1 / physical layer.
- - We are counting on your years of wireless system engineering experience in physical layer modeling and design (such as physical layer procedures, algorithm development for layer 1 signal processing, link level systems modeling etc.)
- - We expect you have reached deep understanding of wireless radio standards (can include but not limited to 5G-NR, LTE, UMTS, 802.11ax, 802.11ad) and their implications on physical layer algorithms and procedures
- - We trust your proven background in physical layer systems engineering including requirements analysis and algorithm modeling too
- - We will rely on your strong skills in coding signal processing algorithms (preferably in C/C++, or other object oriented languages, MATLAB, etc.)
- - You can demonstrate your ability to effectively lead multi-functional teams, and proficiency in leading technical initiatives
- - Your documentation skills and ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation are superb
- - Your communication skills are excellent, and you have experience working with international teams
- You will analyze modem system requirements (including link level, physical layer procedures, application level performance etc.) based on wireless standards and product requirements - You will set system performance targets for wireless subsystems, and drive the modem baseband architecture with other teams - You will develop wireless signal processing / baseband algorithms, and generate bit-true models for verification with the digital team - You will own development and documentation of system performance models and drive multi-functional system engineering tasks related to product performance optimization - You will drive and direct internal and external teams for consistent analysis, modeling, tracking and reporting of modem physical layer performance (such as link level and system level performance) - You will collaborate with cellular chipset vendors to ensure consistency of chipset architecture with modem system requirements, such as RF performance, system control architecture, HW / SW interface architectures and longer term technology roadmaps - You will create intellectual property - You will prepare and drive project decisions related to physical layer system architecture
Education & Experience
Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.