PCB Design Engineer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Will you help us design future generations of revolutionary Apple products? The Silicon Engineering team is seeking a PCB Design Engineer with a strong foundation in HDI Layout techniques and a real passion for building new technologies. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a visionary and uncommonly talented PCB Design Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. You will be responsible for development PCBs in collaboration with the engineering and design teams and in alignment with the internal design flow.
- We would be interested in meeting you if you have proven expertise in the following areas:
- Good understanding of mixed signal circuits and good understanding of signal & power integrity.
- Experience in design of complex multi-layer PCBs and ultra-fine pitch BGAs for high speed and critical power delivery systems.
- Ideally you were part of teams working together on complex designs.
- Experience in stack up build and simulations of rigid and rigid flex boards would be an asset.
- Knowledge of DC-DC convertors or RF application boards would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills working with cross functional teams
- +5 years related experience
• Conduct design feasibility studies to evaluate the PCB design goals for packaging, cost, manufacturing and system performance. • Design HDI Boards +24 layers with blind & buried vias within a time critical schedule • Propose PCB design trade-offs to the engineering teams for resolution and implementation. • Perform complex and difficult CAD and CAE tasks requiring extensive skill and knowledge of equipment capabilities, applications techniques and design limitations. • Understands the driving PCB technology and process trends and their application to Apple’s Designs and continuously improves DFM Process and methodology.
Education & Experience
• BS in Electrical Engineering required or equivalent, alternatively equivalent experience. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.