Hardware Design Engineer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Will you help us design future generations of revolutionary Apple products? The Silicon Engineering team is seeking a Hardware Design Engineer with a strong foundation in developing test hardware for silicon validation and a real passion for building new technologies. At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved before? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a visionary and uncommonly talented Hardware Design Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. You will develop innovative test hardware in close collaboration with the Design teams and in alignment with the internal design flow.
- We would be interested in meeting you if you have proven expertise in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Power Management electronics and systems
- Detailed experience of low voltage power converter topologies
- Detailed experience of using passive components
- General knowledge of analog electronic design using amplifiers, switches….
- General knowledge in PCB design, signal and power integrity
- General experience on product development and cross team collaboration
- Good written and verbal communication skills working with international teams
- Skills that are considered as an advantage:
- Several FPGA design projects finished from PCB to RTL level
- Cadence Allegro tools experience
- General experience of measurements needed to validate power converters
• Design characterization and evaluation hardware at schematic level • Design measurement automation systems hardware at schematic level • Cooperate with characterization team to create functional requirements • Work with the layout in order to deliver state of the art PCBs • Work with contract manufacturers to make sure delivery targets are fulfilled • Board bring up in the lab, and own prototype testing
Education & Experience
• BS in Electrical Engineering required or equivalent, alternatively equivalent experience Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.