CAD Engineer - Physical Design
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Will you help us design future generations of revolutionary Apple products? Are you an engineer with a strong foundation and real passion for building new technologies? Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming outstanding products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple. Do you want to impact billions of users by developing extraordinary products with a prime focus on accuracy and performance of the product? You will become part of a hands-on development team that furthers engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative technologies are the norm here. We want you to join our team if you are an innovative engineer with the dream to research and develop solutions that do not yet exist. As a member of our PD CAD team, you will take part in developing and supporting the Physical Design flow (netlist->layout) in advanced technologies and will be working closely with Physical Design teams and EDA vendors. This position involves in-depth understanding of the physical design flow from Netlist to GDS2. You will possess detailed understanding of design partitioning, floor planning, place and route, and clock tree synthesis required for establishing flows and methodologies.
- You have experience 3+ years of experience with complete backend (RTL2GDSII) design flow: synthesis, formal (equivalence checks), floor planning, power grid planning, CTS, placement, route, post route optimization, extraction, static timing, physical verification, EM-IR and ECO flows.
- Experience in using EDA tools like Synopsys (Primetime, ICC, ICC2), Mentor (Calibre), and Cadence (First Encounter/Innovus, ETS/Tempus, Virtuoso, Conformal)
- Additional experience with synthesis, static timing analysis, formal verification and custom layout tools (Virtuoso, VXL) is highly preferred.
- Layout design background and experience a plus.
- You have good understanding of timing analysis (including noise and signal integrity), power analysis, physical verification, formal verification.
- You have good knowledge of timing analysis, power analysis, physical verification, formal verification.
- You have good Understanding of VLSI Flow from Specification to Silicon Programming Skills: Knowledge of Signal Integrity
- You have good Scripting skills to debug flow related issues and make enhancements as appropriate
- Layout design background and experience a plus
- Must be proficient in PERL, Tcl/Tk, and shell scripting languages.
- Expert knowledge of programming and scripting language is a plus.
- You have excellent communication and problem solving skills
As a Physical Design CAD engineer, you will take part in flow development and in close day to day work with the physical design engineers, to make our physical design work better and projects execution successful. You will Interface with the physical design teams/Vendor teams for flow bring up and validation as well as support issues related to the flow and tools You will be Working closely with the implementation team during the entire chip design cycle to drive sign-off closure for tape-out.
Education & Experience
BSc/ MSc in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science