RF Transmitter Architect
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
We have built the best wireless hardware design Team on the planet. Are you a talented individual wanting to join our Team as a RF Transmitter Architect? As key member of Apple’s Cellular RF System Engineering Team you will drive cellular transmitter innovation for next generation wireless products used by millions. The RF Transmitter Architect will be a key member of an advanced development team tasked with driving technology innovation for next generation wireless products.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in Cellular RF including direct expertise in transmitter RF system design.
- In depth knowledge of transmitter architectures, RF power amplifiers, linearization techniques (e.g. DPD), and envelope tracking. Comprehensive understanding of how these technologies can be leveraged to improve transmitter performance in the areas of linear RF output power, OOBE, and power consumption.
- Solid understanding of Cellular Radio Standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, LTE-A, 5G NR FR1, 5G NR FR2), Regulatory, and Carrier Requirements including their implications on transmitter architectures and transmitter system design.
- Strong analytical & communication skills with an ability to thrive in a cross functional environment.
- Experience with WLAN technologies is also a plus.
In this role as RF Transmitter Architect you will be a part of an elite system engineering team that is tasked with driving innovation of cellular transceiver architectures across the whole cellular frequency range. As an individual contributor you will work closely with platform architecture, RFIC design teams and ultimately drive RF technology innovation to meet the challenges of next generation wireless products. Occasional travel including international may be required.
Education & Experience
BS/MS degree in electrical engineering, Ph.D. is preferred