RF Control and Interfaces Architect
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Do you have a passion for crafting entirely new solutions? Do you love building without precedent? As part of our Process Engineering group, you’ll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if need be. A project might call for crafting new equipment, developing new materials, or even building a new factory to bring a visionary idea to the real world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking, often literally. Join us, and you’ll help design the tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they’ve never before imagined. We have built the best wireless hardware design Team in the world. Are you a hardworking individual wanting to join our Team as a RF Transmitter System Engineer? As key member of Apple’s Cellular RF System Engineering Team you will drive cellular transmitter innovation for next generation wireless products used by millions. You will be a valuable member of an advanced development team tasked with driving technology innovation for our future wireless products.
- - 10+ years of meaningful experience in Cellular RF including direct expertise in RF control and interfaces system design.
- - In depth knowledge of RF transceiver and RF Front-End control architectures. Comprehensive understanding of hardware and software based control architectures of modern digital cellular transceivers.
- - Extensive experience with RF Front-End control system design incl. MIPI RFFE standard.
- - Deep understanding of RF transceiver to cellular BB interface system design.
- - Proven understanding of Cellular Radio Standards (GSM, UMTS, LTE, LTE-A, 5G NR FR1, 5G NR FR2), Regulatory, and Carrier Requirements including their implications on receiver architectures and receiver system design.
- - Strong analytical & interpersonal skills with an ability to thrive in a cross functional environment.
- - Experience with WLAN technologies is also a plus.
In this role as RF Control and Interfaces Architect you will be a part of a best-in-class system engineering team that is tasked with driving innovation of cellular transceiver architectures across the whole cellular frequency range. As an individual contributor you will work closely with platform architecture, RFIC design teams and ultimately drive RF technology innovation to meet the challenges of next generation wireless products. Occasional travel including international may be required.
Education & Experience
We are looking for Bachelor and/or Master degree graduates in electrical engineering. Of course PhD would be a plus. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.