SoC Performance Modeling Software Architect - Platform Architecture
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, and inspiring people working on innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Are you ready to join our team and revolutionize System-on-Chip development? In this role, you will be a member of a System-on-Chip team, working with our various hardware and software engineering groups to shape the architecture of Apple's future devices.
- - Your experience and interest will be in several of the following areas:
- - You have 8+ years of SOC design and architecture experience.
- - You have C/C++ performance modeling/simulation of a CPU, GPU, or other SoC component.
- - Best practices for ensuring high code quality, performance, reuse, and modularity in large software projects.
- - You are proficient in C++, the Unix shell, and at least one scripting language.
- - System software concepts including inter-process communication, synchronization, interrupts, cache coherence, memory ordering, and memory-mapped I/O.
- - You are passionate about exploring, understanding, and extending large C/C++/Assembly codebases.
- - Correlation of simulation results with other simulations, expectations, and silicon measurements.
- - Interactions and data flows between CPUs, GPUs, Camera/Video, and I/O components.
- - You have familiarity with processor or SoC design and validation processes.
You will be a primary architect of a C++ full-chip performance modeling platform. This platform enables accurate performance and power projection for complex, realistic workloads. Your work will be highly transparent and critical to improving the performance and energy efficiency of our future Apple SoCs. We collaborate with teams at many layers of the hardware/software stack and you will also: - Bring your deep understanding of the architecture, operation, and hardware/software interface of current and planned Apple SoCs. - Disseminate cross-functional, system-level understanding across the silicon design organization. - Design and develop foundational libraries and APIs to enable flawless interoperability between performance models of different SoC blocks and different levels of detail. - Design and carry out performance studies using the simulation platform and communicate the results to inform SoC architecture decisions. - Make the simulator an early prototyping platform for software and firmware algorithms related to power and performance control and resource allocation. - Use and disseminate software engineering best practices, such as continuous integration and code review, to ensure high quality and maintainability in a project developed across multiple teams and sites. - Design and develop simulator features and analysis tools to enable accurate, automated correlation between the simulator and RTL or silicon, and performance regression testing of the simulator itself and the simulated SoC.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related field preferred. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.