Computer Vision Engineer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Machine Learning and AI
We are continuously advancing the state of the art in computer vision and machine learning. At Apple, we have a balanced mix of research and focus on delivering only the best products. We are looking for an applied researcher and engineer to work on the next generation of Apple features to transform how people communicate. Have you previously devised breakthrough deep learning solutions to long-standing computer vision problems? Are you ready to collaborate with a hardworking team to bring your knowledge to market and make a far-reaching impact? The Video Engineering team delivers computer vision algorithms that drive revolutionary Apple products. You will be working in a diverse, fast moving team based in Munich, Germnay, and will interact regularly with teams based in Cupertino, USA.
- Strong knowledge and experience in machine learning or classical computer vision *
- Experience working with real world data — big, messy, incomplete, full of errors*
- Strong mathematical foundation in computer vision and optimisation approaches*
- Solid mathematical foundation of machine learning techniques*
- Experience with collecting 2D / 3D data in the field and designing ground truth benchmarks*
- Experience in the field, proven by publications or a track record of successful projects
- Strong experience in Python and C/C++
- Passion for cutting edge computer vision / machine learning technologies and product delivery
- Excellent understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Self motivated
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Beneficial: Experience in large-scale data capture campaigns, capturing ground-truth motion of deformable objects, real-time tracking algorithms, semantic video analysis, high-framerate dense 3D reconstruction, photogrammetry, multimodal learning, animation, 3D computer graphics, multiple view geometry, computational geometry, non-linear optimization, iOS programming, algorithm optimization on CPU/GPU, HW-accelerated image or geometry processing, parallel compute architectures, asynchronous processing or embedded systems.
We are looking for hardworking engineers who are passionate about building products for millions of customers around the world. You’ll be working on cutting-edge technology and develop algorithms that enable a high-quality user experience across a range of tentpole use cases and applications. As a part of our team, you will closely collaborate with HW engineers (cameras, silicon, electrical engineering, product design) and other technology development software teams (computer graphics, video engineering, data generation/annotation, drivers/OS). You can make a difference by researching and prototyping novel deformable object tracking algorithms beyond the state of the art and/or by optimizing the performance of real-time algorithms running on Apple silicon.
Education & Experience
PhD or Master of Science degree in Computer Science or similar Alternatively, a comparable industry career with a proven track record. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.