SOC Performance Architect - Platform Architecture
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norms here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have a unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day. Are you ready to join a team transforming hardware technology? In this role, you will be a member of a System-on-Chip (SoC) Architecture Team, working with hardware and software engineering groups to shape the architecture of Apple's future devices.
- - Deep C/C++ programming knowledge
- - Embedded system, microcontroller, or FPGA programming experience desired
- - Coursework and understanding of computer architecture and the HW/SW stack
- - Creativity and curiosity about how things work beyond the classroom
- - Examples of substantial HW or SW projects brought to completion
- - Ability to study a problem in depth and independently design experiments, analyze data, and present results
- You will help create a full-chip C/C++ simulator for Apple Products. You will model new, emerging workloads such as Augmented Reality (AR) and Machine Learning (ML). You will use these models to study a range of performance and power trade-offs in our SoCs. Your work will be highly transparent and critical for driving architecture improvements in Apple’s future products. - Learning about the state of the art in mobile SoC IPs and chip-level architecture - C/C++ modeling of graphics, camera, and ML dataflow, and integration with other SoC models - Running simulations of future AR, ML, and gaming applications - Careful analysis and presentation of simulation results - Collaboration with multi-functional modeling, hardware, and software teams - Investigating how real Apps use our SoCs by profiling them on real hardware
Education & Experience
- BS or MS or Ph.D. in CS, EE, or related field
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate Ph.D. race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.