Cellular Platform Software Engineer - Munich
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. In this role, you will be a key member of our team in Munich defining and working on Platform software design and development collaborating with Cellular Protocol Stack, RF and other teams.
- Experience in developing embedded real-time software for Cellular SoCs
- Fundamental knowledge and understanding of embedded processors and real-time OS concepts
- Solid understanding of baseband system/architecture (core, cache, memory, bus, interrupts, sleep/wake, clock, power control, dynamic frequency and voltage scaling, SPMI, PCIe, etc)
- Experience in developing low level driver software for embedded platforms
- Excellent software engineering skills, including driver software design, implementation, validation and debugging
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Experience and familiarity with version control systems like git, Perforce, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and to present complex technical topics to a multi-level audience
In this highly visible and critical role, the candidate will be part of the Cellular Platform Software Driver Team and responsible for architecture, design, implementation and quality of platform software and drivers. The candidate will be responsible for specifying requirements, writing design documents, architect solutions and implement software for state-of-the-art wireless SoCs Perform pre-silicon verification, debug both system-wide and component level issues on target HW and simulation The position requires high level thinking to architect code solutions with low level programming and excellent communications and leadership skills, with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.