Retail Route to Market Sales Leader Germany
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organisation generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. At the end of the day, we are here to grow Apple’s business through partnering with our business channel resellers, partners and carriers. In this role you will be in a key position to fully take advantage of our products and the huge interest for Apple in the local market to drive our sales to the next level. As a Retail Route to Market Leader, you are responsible for initiating, developing and running the entire (Channel) Retail business. You will report to the Country Manager.
- You have the ability to do things in a time critical fashion and thrive in a target driven environment
- The applicant will have advanced problem solving is a requirement for this position, Apple operates very differently from other players within this industry.
- You should have a combination of Sales and Marketing experience, with significant experience interacting and negotiating at C-level
- You have excellent communication skills, which are critical for this role. You have superb verbal & written skills, time management and organisation abilities
- You will have an obsession for making things perfect in combination with good judgement and a true business mindset. The applicant has an understanding of what is means to work with a global top brand
- You posses significant experience in managing, leading and developing high performing sales teams, specific areas of expertise should include:
- You are adept at calculated and deliberate planning, team building, account development, territory management, forecasting, presentations, business solutions, multi-task management, planning and organization and new business development
- Run, own and lead the Retail team to achieve business targets (both strategic and financial) selling Apple products and technologies to named retail partners - Define the Sales coverage plan for the Retail, APR and Distribution channels - Develop and execute account plans for the partners - Build Demand Generation activities including reporting, tracking and execution of programs and work with Channel Customer Communications team to promote the partners Apple offers - Use MDF and Program funding to support sales as appropriate - Secure that the quality in programs are executed within Apple standards and guidelines - Handle internal processes, including budget requests and negotiations with Apple HQ based in London - Contribute to the definition of our Retail RtM sales initiatives and ensure the execution in the region ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT: 1. Ensure team achieves and exceeds its goals through setting up standard methodology and ensuring they are aligned with corporate objectives 2. Target and objective setting for the team 3. Work with field team to ensure full coverage (geographical) of the key points of sale 4. Work with local training resources to ensure adequate product and program knowledge within the channel partners 5. Regular review of partner plans with Account Execs to ensure that named partners fully understand and are bought into Apple technology and solutions KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS: This Manager will be responsible for the achievements of partner volume targets, and total retail sales volume. They will also own team achievement against individual commission targets and enable the achievement of program objectives ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: - You have sound business discernment and judgment - You have demonstrated sales management experience at senior level or equivalent - You have keen financial understanding and are very technically aware - This person will have Marketing communications experience - You are a great communicator and has People management and leadership skills - You have analytical, selling and influencing skills - You have a consistent track record in sales management and have experience of the retail market and FMCG - Previous employment in a company that is or has a premium brand - Experience in a sales driven environment meeting quarterly/yearly revenue and unit goals - Fluent English
Education & Experience
BS or BA in Economics, Finance, Business or equivalent, MBA preferred
- This role profiles gives guidance to the main tasks and responsibilities of the role. It is not exhaustive and is subject to change.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.