Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Software and Services
A job at Apple is unlike any other you’ve had. You’ll be challenged. You’ll be inspired. And you’ll be proud. The Maps team is looking for a self-motivated team player who loves to build systems that process geospatial data at scale to power our products. With hundreds of millions of devices in our user’s hands, and new categories such as Apple Watch coming, you will enable new experiences for millions of delighted users around the world.
- Background in Geography, GIS or Land Surveying
- Practical experience with building digital maps for navigation
- Very good understanding of vector and raster data
- Experience with data manipulation, conversion, validation, re-projection
- Great analytical skills
- Practical experience with analysing various map data sources
- Good understanding of potential country differences which are related to map attribution
- Expert knowledge on European countries maps
- Proficiency in Keynotes, Numbers and Notes needed
- Experience with MAC OS
- Experience with QGIS and ArcMap is a must
The Maps Data team owns the platform and systems to represent a wide variety of map features for the entire globe, build the pipelines to process and analyze many sources of geospatial data, as well as design and implement algorithms to identify anomalies, normalize and enhance the data that powers Apple Maps. In this role you'll be responsible for data analysis, data validation, data collection and data manipulation. You’ll work on processes to match, classify, transform, conflate, validate the data, improve existing processes, suggest new process, im implementing new map features and improve the freshness of our maps. This is a 2 year contract.
Education & Experience
BS/BA or MS/MA in Geography, GIS, Land Surveying or Engineering, experience using GIS software.
- This is a 2 year contract.