Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply collaborative place, where everything we create is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for MEP systems within all of the buildings making up the German & Austrian portfolio. The role will include involvement in projects, commissioning, acceptance & ongoing maintenance & PPM, upgrades & repairs.
- - Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer.
- - Understand the business of Real Estate & Development
- - Experience in setting up & managing PPM system delivery to meet compliance & operations requirements.
- - Demonstrate skills in completing risk assessments & consistently delivering to aggressive targets/deadlines.
- - Be able to demonstrate a problem-solving capability to deliver safety, quality, cost & output targets.
- - Self starter & capable individual contributor.
- - Strategic thinker with strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- - Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- - Excellent interpersonal skills & customer service focus.
- - Ability to influence key stakeholders.
- - A flexible 'can-do' work ethic.
- - Detailed BMS knowledge is beneficial.
- - Project management skills is beneficial.
- Day to day monitoring, operation, maintenance & repair of mechanical & electrical systems. - Manage planned preventative maintenance programs to optimize cost to Apple while ensuring no or minimal impact on business continuity. - Plan asset repair/replacement & forecast expense & capital cost into an annual budget forecast. - Mechanical maintenance budget development & management. - Own & drive key facilities engineering programs. - Lead the commissioning & acceptance of mechanical installations in designated buildings. - The successful candidate will lead the running of systems to ensure ongoing compliance with all statutory codes & environmental accreditations & have a proven ability to optimize & run systems to this standard as required. - Develop a project process to encompass procurement, project management & budget controls to enable predictable project delivery, supporting projects in the Germany & Austria. - Partner with EHS to develop energy management programs/projects & execute as required. - Track consumption rates & implement optimisation projects. - Supervise contractors & suppliers to deliver the mechanical maintenance scope of work as per agreed SLA’s & KPI’s. - Attend QBR’s & performance manage the contractor as required. - Develop concise communications suitable for all levels of management, e.g., Status Reports, Feasibility reports, ROI/cost assessments & project updates. - Organize & manage shutdowns & out of hours work as required to ensure the proper maintenance of all mechanical systems on campus. - Be available to respond to emergency situations at any time. - Proactively identify facilities improvements (engineering, process, services) & lead several programs to support the broader RE&D organization. - Implement tools, standards, policies, guidelines & processes related to RE&D management standards. - Ensure that all assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget & under appropriate specifications. - Manage OPEX budget & forecast for the different areas of responsibility.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.