Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Apple designs consumer products that touch millions. We change the way that people interact with electronic devices around the world. The Measurement R&D Team is responsible for developing technologies, calibration methodologies and the respective instrumentation for the calibration and validation of Apple’s products. These solutions will be used during New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Experience and strong technical background in optics, sensor physics and radiometry.
- Hands-on experience in optical design in Zemax, Code V or LightTrans.
- Competence in data analysis and algorithm development in Python or Matlab.
- Proactive, independent, and dedicated. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to explore potential technologies and work with suppliers on prototype development.
- Experience balancing international vendors, plus the willingness to travel.
- Competence in data analysis with Python, MATLAB, JMP, R or Perl.
- Experience with diffractive optical elements is a plus.
- Application programming in C/C++, Perl or Python are a plus.
The role of an Optical Designer is to design and deploy effective measurement systems that include test methodology, hardware, software, instrument and fixture design. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - Be part of a team that will support the integration of novel metrology solutions and communicate design decisions and strategies to a multi-functional team. - Simulate how optical properties of the devices under test can be influenced by tolerances of the instrument. - Define and detail the appropriate methodologies in the measurement. - Design detailed systems that can take the environment into account. - Develop repeatable and reproducible instrumentation that meets product requirements. - Collaborate across teams to create, define and document measurement metrics and specifications. - Bring up, debug and mature the measurement system during NPI cycle.
Education & Experience
Physics, Computer Science degree or equivalent years industry experience