mmWave IC Design Engineer (m/f)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Would you like to be part of Apple’s fast-growing mmWave wireless design team in Munich? We are responsible for all aspects of mmWave silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly integrated, power efficient designs and advanced semiconductor technologies that enable a unique user experience. As a millimeter-wave IC design engineer, you will work on circuit and system solutions for advanced wireless chips. Do you want to be in a highly visible role in a fast growing silicon design group, and make a critical impact on getting leading edge consumer products to a global customer base quickly? We have multiple needs and are open to multiple experience levels.
- We would like you to have a proven track record of mmWave, RF, and analog integrated circuit design, with experience in mmWave circuit design in CMOS, SOI or SiGe.
- Deep understanding in system specifications and the ability to work with system architects to translate system requirements into circuit requirements at IC block level. Familiarity with various RF transceiver architectures and their trade-offs is critical to have.
- Deep understanding of fundamental microwave theories and concepts, such as transmission-lines concepts, power waves and scattering parameters, power gain expressions, gain, noise, and VSWR design trade-offs.
- Extensive experience in simulation and design of lumped and distributed passive structures, such CPW lines, coupled lines, directional couplers, dividers/combiners, phase shifters, inductors, and capacitors.
- Solid experience in analysis, design, and implementation of mmWave low-noise, broadband, and/or high-power amplifiers, as well as frequency converting blocks and oscillators.
- Understanding of mmWave device modeling; insights into packaging effects, integrated antenna arrays, supply isolations, high frequency ESD structures, and circuit layout for optimum performance.
- Hands-on experience in high frequency silicon characterization and debug would be helpful.
As a mmWave Design Engineer at Apple, you will utilize your vast background in circuit design and be responsible for providing mmW design solutions for wireless chips. Collaborate with platform architects, system group, and digital design group to define the requirements for mmWave phased-array front-end and baseband blocks based on the product requirements. Work with Apple technology team and silicon foundries on process evaluation/selection for the target device. Design various transceiver blocks in TX, RX, and LO chains. Work with design, layout, and chip integration teams to integrate the IP’s and verify the top-level functionality and performance. Work with mmWave test engineers to bring up and characterize new silicon.
Education & Experience
MSEE is required; PhD would be an advantage. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.