RFIC Packaging Design
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Apple is seeking an expert RFIC package Designer dedicated to supporting new RF and Cellular products. In this highly transparent role, you are responsible for RF package/module layout, optimization, RF interference, design verification and taping out. We have built the best Packaging Team in the world. Are you a hardworking individual wanting to join our Team? As a key member of Apple’s Packaging Team, you will drive innovation for next-generation wireless products used by millions. You will be a valuable member of an advanced development team tasked with driving technology innovation for our future products.
- - Experience in RFIC package and module co-design.
- - Working knowledge of RF circuits and components
- - Working experience with radio IO routing, power delivery and matching network, and filtering design.
- - >3 years design and layout experience on RFIC TRX, IF/RF, Radio head and/or cellular Front end module.
- - 10 years of hands-on experience with package design tools such as Cadence APD/SIP.
- - Proven signal and power-integrity fundamentals.
- - Knowledge of high-speed layout constraints (Crosstalk mitigation, differential pairs, EMI/RFI, PCB/Package resonance)
- - Run simulations using Ansys or other tools to determine the s-parameters of high-speed signals.
- - Experience in designing FCBGA substrates, POP package, Hybrid package, RF modules.
- Interface and coordinate with multi-functional groups throughout Apple on new product package/SIP selection, feasibility analysis, and design. - Implement the physical design of RFIC/Cellular chip packaging and RF modules. - Work multi-functionally, co-design, understand trade-offs, constraints, and optimizing silicon floor plan, radio placement and pinout, bump assignment and power delivery design. - Optimize signal/power and RF co-existence and coupling path of the RF package & module design. - Drive methodology, innovations, and efficient improvements in package and module design together with RF chip design, RF module architecture, and system RF testing teams.
Education & Experience
BS/MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or Physics required and substantial experience within the technical discipline.