CAD Engineer – Analog/RF Simulation Flow & Methodology
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. In this highly visible role as a member of our CAD team, you will architect, develop, maintain and improve simulation methodology and solutions for our Analog, RF and Mixed-signal designs. You will be working with different technology nodes and provide flows/methodologies for the different tool sets. You will also be collaborating with the analog, mixed-signal, and RF circuit design teams. Work will also involve partnering with layout design, technology, and 3rd party EDA tool vendors to drive and lead effort of developing and validating simulation flows, improving custom design environment, validating checks and doing results analysis. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products
- - Relevant industry experience in circuit simulations and/or related CAD/automation support areas involving various technology nodes and tape out.
- - Proficiency with spice simulators, including Spectre/APS/XPS, Spectre RF, AFS (BDA), Hspice, HspiceRF, NCSim, XA, Hsim, FineSim, etc.
- - Strong ability to solve simulation accuracy, speed and capacity issues.
- - Experience in evaluating simulation and environment related CAD tool/product applications, and driving EDA vendors to meet design requirements.
- - Understand custom IC designs, and knowledge of extraction.
- - Understanding behavioral models for AMS/EM circuits, experience in Verilog - AMS.
- - Knowledge of PDK and spice models qualification.
- - Very efficient programming skills in SKILL, Ocean, Python, Perl, TCL, or Shell, etc. Ability to provide automations for rapid and dynamic design needs.
- - Knowledge in Perforce and/or regressions, Virtuoso Schematic Editor, Virtuoso Analog Design Environment (ADE-L/XL/GXL), Virtuoso Layout Editor, Constraints, pcells is a plus.
- - You should be a great teammate with good written and verbal interpersonal skills, and able to work with multi-functional teams.
- Deep understanding of various simulators is critical, along with extensive background supporting Spice, Fast-Spice, AMS, co-simulation in transistor level circuit simulation domains, including but not limited to DC/Transient/Noise/PSS, Cross corner PVT, Aging/Reliablity analysis, MonteCarlo simulations. - Deep understanding of Virtuoso ADE (Analog Design Environment L/XL/GXL) and its sub-set tools including OCEAN, Corners, Sweeps, MonteCarlo and Optimization is needed. - Knowledge including customization of Virtuoso ADE Menus, Model Skew customization, Netlist format variations, Schematic/Layout CDF callbacks is also desirable. - Proficiency with ADE Results access, Data Analysis, Waveform plotting, including OCEAN scripting customization with different simulators. - Back-end knowledge on Virtuoso XL, constraints, modgen, layout, pcells, LVS, DRC, and extraction is an added plus.
Education & Experience
MS/ PhD preferred in a technical discipline.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.