Head of App Store, GSA - Berlin
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Software and Services
Apps have super powers. They not only have the power to transform your iPhone into a personal trainer or your iPad into a digital dark room, they also change the way we live. An app can help you live more healthily, gain control of your finances or let you unleash your creative side. And all these amazing possibilities live in the App Store. For Apple, however, our commitment to apps goes beyond the customer. We cherish and value our amazing community of app developers. In fact, since the App Store launched in 2008, Apple has paid out over $120 billion to app makers. We are looking for a business manager with a passion for apps and apps culture to help grow our apps business, but also help our developers find the right audience and business models to make their apps successful.
- Extensive industry work experience (10 years) in tech-related fields.
- Experience leading a team of strong willed and capable business managers.
- You have extensive experience across varying methods of monetisation.
- Passion for and understanding of Apple brand and products.
- Demonstrated ability to manage tight and sometimes shifting deadlines.
- Ability to work with international peers collaboratively across timezones.
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are able to analyse and communicate results to leaders clearly and effectively with proficiency in Excel/Numbers and Keynote.
- You are creative and resourceful and know how to think different.
Lead a team of Business Managers and coordinate and execute on business campaigns. Run and expand business relationships with existing and prospective partners in the app developer and publisher space. Define the strategy and run the apps business in close collaboration with local & global management and leadership teams. Be aware of upcoming and ongoing releases and collaborate with editorial and marketing to execute promotional campaigns. Lead and Inspire the App Store editorial team to craft the best experience while featuring the best apps available.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in a business field or related is a plus.
- This position is based in Berlin or Munich, Germany
- Fluency in English and German is required. Additional languages are a plus.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Apple does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.