Privacy Legal Counsel - Germany
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property by providing legal support for all our products and businesses globally. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. As Privacy Counsel you will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and experienced team on privacy issues impacting Apple’s business and products globally. You will work directly with business and engineering teams to design innovative privacy solutions for products as well as across the legal department on Apple activities and regulatory issues.
- Understanding of European, National and German Privacy Laws, with a particular emphasis on Employee Data Privacy Matters
- Understanding of related German and EU Employment Laws a Big Plus
- Experience with Post Merger Integration Related Employment Law Privacy Matters advantageous
- Experience in Arbitrations and Negotiations
- Experience drafting and negotiating privacy related contracts
- Experience defining, drafting and implementing policies and procedures and training
- Experience conducting ongoing compliance monitoring activities in coordination with other compliance and operational assessment functions
- Excellent written and verbal skills including in English and German. Additional languages are a plus.
- Ability to get results in diverse fast pace environments
- Able to clearly organize and inform through excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong analytical capability with attention to detail
- Ability to partner at all levels of the organization
At Apple we are about creating great products. Part of making products great is designing products that respect consumer security and privacy. This role offers the opportunity to work directly with key members of the business, engineering and legal teams on a variety of cutting-edge projects including: privacy by design reviews and projects, supporting compliance and auditing frameworks including in relation to the GDPR and advise on privacy aspects of corporate acquisitions and licensing and procurement. This role will have a particular focus on the employment law related privacy aspects of this work.
Education & Experience
• German Qualified or German Trained Lawyer with a minimum of 3 – 4 Years of relevant experience in EU and German Privacy Law in a Law Firm, Business or Regulatory Environment • Experience in HR and Employment Law related Privacy Matters • Outstanding Academic Credentials