iOS Product Designer, Music Apps
Rellingen, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Software and Services
Imagine what we could do together. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. Apple's Music Apps team is looking for a Product Designer to join their team. You love producing music on iOS and macOS. You know the marketplace inside-out, have tried everything that's out there, but from your point of view there's still something to be desired. You're bursting with ideas for improving workflows and crafting new apps. You can fluently present your ideas verbally and in writing, both in German and English. You can convincingly sketch out your ideas, be it on a whiteboard or in an app. And you love to have your ideas being challenged by like-minded folks, not only other designers, but engineers, QA groups, and product marketing managers, so you can improve your designs in an iterative process over and over again. You are able to understand user needs, grasp and distill complex workflow issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions. You have a strong attention to detail, are resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and a positive outlook. Or in short: You'd love to help design the music production app that will impact how customers all over the world create music. This position is full-time and located in Rellingen, Germany.
- Strong interest and ideally experience designing music creation applications, while maintaining Apple's design aesthetic and interaction patterns.
- Experienced in designing iOS app experiences from start to finish with familiarity of iOS development.
- An online portfolio showcasing UX design work for mobile and desktop.
- Expert in music production DAW software such as: Cubasis, Auria Pro, Logic, Cubase, Live, FL Studio, ProTools or equivalent.
- Expert knowledge of effects and instruments used in contemporary music production, ideally not only in software (AU/VST), but also in hardware.
- Familiarity with presentation and design prototyping software: Keynote, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Omnigraffle or equivalent.
- Ability and passion to understand distinct user groups quickly and iterate solutions to their needs.
- Ability to create and evaluate sketches, wireframes and written documentation, and coordinate them into feature and product specifications that are easy and enjoyable to use for other designers, engineers, documentation writers.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique, and galvanising a broad range of opinions from various partners around a shared and common goal.
- Ability to function both independently and in a team environment, with strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and get results while juggling many projects and priorities.
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills in both English and German.
- Mastery of iOS and macOS, with a passion for the Apple design and workflows, our products, and our customers.
The position requires working across different teams to build consensus and provide deliverables under tight deadlines. Strong communication skills are a must, as well as coolness under pressure, problem solving, attention to detail, and the ability to mediate and cope with rapid change. Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who understands Apple’s high standards and design aesthetic to the core.
Education & Experience
Degree in music technology, music production, human interaction sociology, psychology, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent