Site Manager - Data Centre
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Software and Services
The Services and Infrastructure team, in Software Engineering, is looking for an experienced Site Manager to oversee a data center operation in Munich, Germany. In this role, you will help guarantee that this infrastructure continuously delivers on its critical business goals. You will also provide on-site oversight to its 24/7 operation, help address escalations, facilitate coordination across teams, and manage schedules for on-call rotation, maintenance, and project development.
- Demonstrated ability to operate critical infrastructure
- Knowledge across the multiple areas of engineering that support the data center operation, such as system administration, storage, network, and security
- Experience managing complex cross-functional projects, and successfully driving them to completion
- Ability to coordinate efforts across multiple teams and vendors without disruption to the site’s availability and performance
- Experience managing a multi-vendor site with a mix of Linux and Windows systems with at least 1,000 servers
- Knowledge of high voltage power, UPS, power distribution and generator power systems and HVAC
- Ability to review a method of procedure (MOP) to ensure successful maintenances
- Experience with server BMC (e.g HP iLO, Dell DRAC, or IPMI)
- Knowledge of copper and optical cabling best practices
- Preferred Qualifications
- Understanding of European electrical standards
- HP Proliant server troubleshooting and repair
- Experience installing NetApp, ExtremeIO and other storage systems (NAS and SAN)
- Ability to scripting and automation tasks
- Utilize Monitoring and metrics to gather statistical data for strategic planning
- Understanding of server deployment process using PXE
- Previous interactions with Extreme or Arista networking equipment
The ideal candidate will have experience in an operational environment, and the direct supervision of critical infrastructure. Experience managing a team of up to 10 Engineers is a plus.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related work experience
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- This role may require traveling to Cupertino, and other Apple locations, up to 20% of the time.