Infrastructure Engineer (SRE)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Software and Services
The Services & Infrastructure team in Software Engineering is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to help oversee, support, and maintain its infrastructure and data centers.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining critical infrastructure in a data center environment
- Solid system administration skills in Linux or Windows operating systems
- Experience triaging and resolving data center network issues
- Good spoken and written English communication skills
- Ability to operate independently and prioritize competing tasks
- Experience handling customer support requests, and driving them to resolution in timely manner
- Able to participate in the team’s on-call rotation
In this role you will be providing first, and second, level support to an array of hardware servers, ensuring a smooth 24/7 operation. In addition, you will help support foundational software components that allow engineers to leverage this infrastructure to build custom solutions. This includes, a combination of Linux and Windows operating systems, Kubernetes orchestration, MS SQL, PostgreSQL, and MySQL databases.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related work experience
- This role may require traveling to Cupertino, and other Apple locations, up to 20% of the time.