Design Implementation Engineer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Are you ready to be part of a team transforming wireless technology? Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! In this role, you will be a key member of our team in Munich working on the digital development for RF Transceivers! As part of the Hardware design team, you will collaborate closely with the RTL Design and PD teams to ensure creation of the highest quality gate-level netlists. Key responsibilities: - Own unit RTL to gate-level netlist synthesis - Use advanced synthesis techniques to meet aggressive timing, power, and area targets - Propose novel synthesis and RTL solutions to improve netlist quality - Work with RTL design and PD teams to deliver best-in-class designs
- - Experience with front-end design synthesis and large chip integration
- - Proficient in timing analysis, formal logic equivalence and lint checks
- - Proficient in multi-clock, multi-mode and multi-power-domain designs
- - Proficient in digital RTL design, optimisation wrt. low power design
- - Understanding of physical concepts like floor-planning, placement, congestion, and setup/hold timing closure
- - Hands-on experience with ECOs for functionality and timing
- - Ability to propose logically equivalent RTL transforms to reduce power and area
- - Familiarity with DFT insertion
- - Familiarity with simulation, debugging tools and experience of working closely with design verification team.
- - Scripting and programming experience
- - Experience with RTL - Verilog, System Verilog or VHDL
- - Excellent written and verbal communication, excellent organisation skills, and highly self-motivated
- - Excellent analytical skills and the ability to think out-of-the-box to develop innovative strategies.
- - Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Education & Experience
- MS/BS Degree in a technical discipline