Education Account Executive - Maternity Cover
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Education Account Executive (AE) sits in the German Education team and is in charge of developing, leading and executing Apple’s strategy for Education across her/his assigned region (NRW and Hessen). In this role the AE’s responsibility is to deliver on unit and market share goals! The AE is the point of expertise and is accountable for the Education business in her/his region, providing the tools, resources, knowledge and infrastructure needed to support the Education plan in Germany. The role covers a wide variety of projects and will require collaborating with many other Apple departments such as Sales Planning & Operations, Channel & Sales Development, Apple Retail, Legal, Finance, Business Markets and the leadership team!
- Track record of sales growth in an Education Sales or Public Sector environment.
- Proven experience working in a virtual team remotely based in a home office.
- Experience of managing and executing regional or global sales programs for stimulating sales growth.
- Ability to manage and influence at senior executive level is crucial, with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to plan and document actions and activities is also an important element of the role.
- Experience and ability to motivate virtual sales teams in multiple regions is mandatory as well as working in a matrix organisation.
- Deep understanding of the Education segment, how to succeed and key trends.
- Knowledge of Apple’s Education solutions allied to competitive advantages.
- Proven sales skills in complex, multi year projects.
- Proven ability to innovate.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills and highly numerate.
- Organisational skills.
- Planning and Project management skills.
- Self motivated and ability to work remotely.
- Managing to tight timelines.
- The role demands full accountability for the Education business in NRW and Hessen including managing and engaging with key customers and partners. Working with the German Education sales organisation ensuring consistency on Apple’s approach and strategy in this segment. In close coordination with the country Education team, to work on effective sales strategies into qualified accounts for Apple to expand our penetration of all Apple products into K12 and HiEd. - Delivery of the Education Strategy for the assigned region and subsequent results. - Strong collaboration with the broader country Education and Channel teams and her/his peers in key European countries influencing resources and programs to significantly grow Apple’s Education business in Germany. - Demonstrable influence with German Education team on long term strategy setting, for all Apple products and Solutions across all segments K12, HiEd and Education public sector (on federal state level). - Work with Account Development Executives of relevant Apple Solution Experts and Apple Authorised Resellers to assist identifying and closing significant pipeline opportunities. - Assume full responsibility and be accountable to achieve the Education sales targets in assigned territory. - Quarterly reviews with Germany Education and Commercial leads on performance against objectives, top pipeline prospects, key trends & requests. - Budget Management - Accountable for creation, timely submission, approval, execution and subsequent return on investment measurement of OPEX and BDF budgets.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree preferred Fluent in German and English
- This role is a 12 Month Maternity leave cover expected to start in June/ July.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristic.