CAD - CSG Manager (f/m/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
The SEG Compute and Storage Group is looking for a manager who will be responsible for a team providing compute, storage, and network infrastructure as well as associated services for silicon device research and development. The manager will ensure engineering efficiency by effectively maintaining infrastructure availability and capacity, managing risks to availability and capacity, and devising ongoing strategies to ensure infrastructure readiness. The manager will be involved in internal customer relationships, vendor relationships, budgeting, and ongoing infrastructure operations strategy.
- - At least 3 years management experience in IT, DevOps, TechOps, SRE, or Engineering Operations environments
- - At least 5+ years hands-on operations experience as an IT or Engineering Operations staff member
- - Consistent track record of developing infrastructure operations strategies and implementing them
- - Proven track record of developing and implementing automation of repeatable processes
- - Proven track record of developing monitoring and metrics solutions, implementing them, and driving their adoption
- - High-level understanding of scale-out systems architectures and supporting infrastructure
- - Working knowledge of common infrastructure systems such as LDAP, source control, DR, archiving, license management
- - Working knowledge of storage systems based on the NFS protocol
- - Experience driving incidents and requests through a multi-tier support structure
- - Great leadership skills, enthusiasm, and ability to inspire team members
- - Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills
- - Ability to filter and distill meaningful information for the right audience
- - Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- - Understands and deals well with rapid product development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
- - Teamwork: the candidate must have the ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community environment.
- - Proven track record of leading large, cross-functional teams
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Multifaceted, great and inspiring people, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.