Modem Performance Modeling Architect (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Do your skills flourish when pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? Our wireless systems engineering team architects sophisticated leading-edge wireless modems that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll work across subject areas to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world.
- Experience in developing SoC and IP sub-system performance simulators
- Excellent C/C++ coding and debugging skills
- Experience in event-driven architecture simulators (C++/System C)
- Excellent scripting and automation skills (Python/R)
- Statistical/Stochastic modeling and analysis know-how
- Experience in developing and using models for different HW components – modem L1/L2 processing engines, CPUs, fabric/NOCs, memory sub-systems, DMAs, etc.
- Familiar with modem dataflow and workload modeling and benchmarking performance
- Proven understanding of interaction between different sub-systems
- Experience with SRAM/DRAM memory, cached CPUs, IOs, SERDES links, etc.
- Experience having led performance studies for a major sub-system in a wireless cellular modem
- Experience on bring-up of real silicon in the lab, be able to efficiently use lab equipment (such as spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc.).
As a Modem Performance Modeling Architect on this team, you will be responsible for validating architecture definition, exploration and modeling of sub-systems within the modem – L1/L2/L3/L4 processing sub-systems, memory sub-system, processors, caches, interconnects, etc. You will be responsible for C/C++ modeling of these sub-systems, defining performance critical metrics, conducting simulation studies and impacting modem architecture definition. This position requires someone comfortable with HW architecture exploration and validation through performance simulations, that thrives in a multifaceted multi-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements. In this technical role, you will be driving modem architecture performance studies as part of a modem development group responsible for state-of-the-art wireless products. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: Architecture exploration of state-of-the-art physical layer wireless communication system algorithms and packet processing algorithms for very high data rate applications with C/C++ performance simulations. Architecture exploration and validation – analysis of requirements, HW-SW split, analysis of power/performance/area tradeoffs, performance simulations. Work with architects, HW team and SW team to realize an architecture that is performance, power and area efficient. Test and characterize real silicon in lab. Establish correlation between pre-silicon performance studies and silicon measurements.
Education & Experience
Master's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 7+ years of related industry experience, or a PhD in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent with 4+ years of related industry experience. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.