Co-Emulation Verification Engineer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you have experience being at the center of an IP design verification effort collaborating with many different teams across the world? Are you looking for verification techniques innovations to scale up to new design complexities? We have a critical impact on getting high quality functional products to millions of customers quickly, and we are hiring all levels from junior to senior roles.
- Specialist on digital design (low-power design, synthesis & timing constraints)
- Strong Experience of design for FPGAs (CPU based systems, logic analyzers, high-speed interfaces, memory controllers)
- Experience of crafting complex systems on FPGAs
- Validated Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming
- Strong Knowledge of Verilog/SystemVerilog/C++
- Knowledge of signal processing & analog design is a plus
- Good Scripting language knowledge (perl/python)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and always enthusiastic to collaborate
- Ability to work well in an international team, take responsibility, perform under strict deadlines and motivate self to handle priorities
The responsibility is to enable FPGA-based verification & co-emulation for multiple IPs & complete systems. You will define & design reusable infrastructures to port the co-emulation setup onto multiple projects and IP derivatives. You will build scenarios to stress the IPs and the chips under test in order to find intricate hardware/software bugs. A strong digital design background, with preferably a demonstrated understanding of FPGA tools & flows, as long as a deep foundation in verification methodology will be used to close testing coverage with high confidence. This work will go hand to hand with verification engineers to connect and reuse test-benches on the FPGA platforms. You’ll be responsible for the end-to-end FPGA flow: platform selection, interfaces to use per application, debug & analysis infrastructure as well as tools and flows to track the coverage and the progress of the co-emulation activities.
Education & Experience
- Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.