Physical Design Engineering - Working Student
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. We have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. If you are eager to work on challenges that no one has solved yet you will have an outstanding and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple's customers every single day. If you want to learn from the best engineers and be a part of Apple, find here the chance to do an internship at our amazing silicone development team, where Apple's next-generation chips for all wireless applications come to life. Are you ready to join some of the world's leading engineers, and help us deliver the next generation of ground-breaking Apple products?
- You are currently studying for a Master in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Course work in Digital VLSI, Logic Design, Semiconductor Devices, Computer Architecture, Object Oriented Programming, Data Structure, Algorithm or CAD
- Project and lab work in VLSI design, computer programming
- Theoretical knowledge in writing code in at least one of the following programming languages: Perl, Tcl, Python, C, C++
- You are interested in microelectronics in terms of physical design
- A desire to tackle challenging problems, learn new ideas and work hard with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Extra-curricular activities and leadership experience will also be considered
As a Physical Design Intern in Apple's Silicon Engineering Group, you will help to build the future generations of the coolest devices in the world! We are looking for high quality students to join us and work on various aspects of the physical design of our Hardware Technology. Your tasks will include but not be limited to performing block level PnR, floor-planning, clock and power distribution. You will also get involved with static timing closure with commercial tools. Power and noise analysis (EM / IR-Drop / Xtalk) as well as layout verification (DRC / LVS) When engineers are resolving design and flow issues related to Physical Design, you will support and identify potential solutions. Last but not least, you are going to write documentation.
Education & Experience
You are pursuing a Master of Science in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Practical experience on silicone level is a plus, but not mandatory. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.