Modem Performance Engineer (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Do you have a passion for crafting entirely new solutions? As part of our Cellular Systems Engineering team, you’ll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if need be. A project might call for designing new equipment, developing new materials, or even building a new factory to bring a forward-thinking idea to the real world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking, often literally. Join us, and you’ll help design the tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they’ve never before imagined. In this technical role, you will be at the center of a silicon design group responsible for physical layer system and algorithm design for state-of-the-art wireless SoC products.
- This is an individual technical contributor role that requires you to design signal processing and wireless communications systems.
- Deep understanding of communication theory & signal processing related algorithms design (signal estimation, equalization, RF impairment estimation, beamforming, feedback, coding theory).
- Experience with modem key-performance-indicators such as throughput, power, and cell-search.
- Strong system-level analytics skills.
- Deep understanding in existing wireless communication protocols: 5G (NR) / 4G (LTE) / 3G (WCDMA) / 2G (GSM), 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, 802.11ad or Bluetooth/BLE.
- Experience with Matlab, Python, or C/C++ for algorithm development and simulation.
Design and simulate state-of-the-art physical layer wireless communication system algorithms for very high data rate applications. Work with digital and firmware designers to realize these algorithms with power and area efficient digital implementations. Definition of key-performance-indicator tests. Close collaboration with test teams to characterize real silicon in lab and back-annotate the results into the simulation environments.
Education & Experience
MS with 10+ Years experience or Ph.D. with 5+ Years experience. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.