Embedded 5G/4G Cellular Data Plane System Engineer (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? As part of a world class modem team, you’ll craft sophisticated leading-edge system architecture that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll work across subject areas to define improved hardware and software elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Do you want to have an impact on every single Apple product? As a Wireless Data Plane System Engineer on this team, you will be at the center of the embedded 5G/4G/multimode cellular architecture within a silicon design group responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art cellular SoCs. This position requires someone comfortable with aspects of embedded software and hardware development, that thrives in a multifaceted multi-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
- Proven ability to effectively lead multi-functional teams and proficiency in leading technical initiatives across different groups.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills and ability to develop detailed system architecture and design documentation
- Solid experience in wireless communication protocols and systems. Deep understanding of wireless standards such as 3GPP 5G-NR/5GC and LTE data plane, IP, TCP/UDP and their application on end to end product design.
- Experience with hardware control for cellular data path processing. Expert knowledge of computer architecture with particular emphasis on the HW/SW interfaces of high speed communication subsystems.
- Understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- Significant experience with memory constrained Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and concurrent programming.
- Experience with functional and performance validation platforms.
Specify the system architecture of a state-of-the-art mobile wireless communications system. Design key protocol algorithms with very tight time, latency and energy budgets by interfacing to niche cellular ASIC hardware. Work with silicon designers to define processor, bus, DMA, accelerator, and memory subsystems. Development of models of your algorithms for pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms and use them for pre-silicon FW design and HW verification Work with leading edge tools for performance and functional validation. Define standard methodologies.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s/Master’s/Phd degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.