Silicon Characterization Engineer - Power Management
Stuttgart, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
Will you help us design future generations of revolutionary Apple products? Our Silicon Engineering team in Nabern is seeking a Silicon Characterization Engineer with a great foundation in power management circuits and a real passion for building new technologies. At Apple, we work every day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking and creative Silicon Characterization Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every single day. You will be responsible for the validation and characterization of analog and mixed signal Power Management circuits for battery operated portable devices.
- We would be interested in meeting you if you have validated expertise in the following areas:
- Typically requires at least 3+ years experience in bench evaluation of mixed signal ICs
- Experience with analog circuit measurement
- Good knowledge in PCB board design, debug and development
- Good experience in coding skills (Python, Perl, C++, Shell, LabView) and knowledge of test equipment programming for automating laboratory measurements
- Experience with switching converters (Buck/Boost/BuBo/Charger) and linear regulators (LDO)
- Knowledge of ICs production flows
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; always enthusiastic to collaborate with diverse teams.
In this role, the key responsibilities are the following: Bench test, debug and silicon validation of Mixed Signal IP Complete system characterization as spec compliance testing Debug of chip level or board level issues Development and execution of scripts (i.e. Python) to validate IC over Process, Voltage, Temperature Board level circuit design, schematic capture, routing constraints definition, and layout reviews Generation of reports
Education & Experience
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action too offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.