Cellular Verification Engineer - Munich
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Software and Services
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems organization and drive innovation that matters! As part of the Wireless team you we will be working on building solutions for Wireless technologies. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. Be ready to make something extraordinary when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join the Apple Wireless Lab Team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product.
- Solid knowledge of 3GPP 5GNR/LTE protocol stacks (AS L1/L2/L3, NAS)
- Experience working with embedded systems and software, particularly mobile chipsets or base stations.
- Experience with end-to-end data applications / IP measurements
- Understanding of IP telephony network, SIP, IMS, and standards like VoLTE
- Experience with managing protocol test systems, conformance test, GCF/PTCRB approval of devices
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge and experience in using scripting languages (Python preferred), in automation setups and in UE automation (AT-Commands/AP-Commands)
- mmWaves familiarity is a plus.
- Phenomenal teammate with good interpersonal skills
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive, seek to tackle everyday problems in innovative ways
- Laser-focused on the smallest details that are significant to our customers
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Excellent English communication skills
- Willingness to travel to key partners world-wide
The Cellular Lab team is looking for candidates with a passion for cellular technologies and the focus necessary to ensure the highest level of quality. You will be responsible for verifying the interworking of Apple cellular product - iPhone, iPad and Watch product lines -with different networks. Deep understanding of cellular technologies is therefore expected. Responsibilities will include: • Plan and lead verification campaigns in internal and external labs, generating test results, error reports, change requests, and status overviews. These can be executed against simulators or real network • Analyse cellular traces to identify system defects in close cooperation with software development teams and external partners • Report bugs and closely follow up till resolution • Track progress of work based on critical milestones. • Reporting towards program management including time, budget and risk assessment. • Review of test coverage and alignment with stakeholders. • Proposal of enhancements based on end to end experience • Represent function and technical solution in management meetings, e.g., engineering review.
Education & Experience
Master/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent