Cellular 4G/5G Firmware Verification Engineer (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive on pushing the limits of what’s considered feasible? As part of a world class modem team, you’ll craft sophisticated leading-edge embedded firmware that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You’ll work across disciplines to transform improved hardware elements into a single, integrated design. Join us, and you’ll help us innovate new wireless systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you’ll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Do you want to have an impact on every single Apple product? As a Cellular 5G/4G Firmware Verification Engineer, you will be at the center of the embedded 5G/4G/multimode cellular firmware effort within a silicon design group responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art cellular SoCs. This position requires someone comfortable will all aspects of embedded firmware verification, that thrives in a dynamic cross-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements.
- In-depth understanding of 5G and 4G 3GPP physical layer and protocol stack procedures and configurations
- Experience with firmware test case planning, design, and development for the 4G/5G functional and performance scenarios
- Strong understanding of automation tools and scripting languages such as Python, C/C++, Java (a plus)
- Strong working knowledge of multiple 4G/5G signaling and physical layer test equipment (Keysight/Anritsu/R&S) along with their automation interfaces
- Strong analysis and debugging capabilities to be able to define issues and work with firmware development and systems design teams to close these issues
- Deep understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals
- Fundamental facility with build and source code control tools
- Versatile to learn new architecture and frameworks
- Experience with network emulators, silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms a plus
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the wireless communications industry
Work with a team of component validation, integration, protocol test engineers, firmware developers and system engineers to create firmware verification test cases and end to end physical layer performance Design and develop validation frameworks for the 4G/5G firmware Design, develop, and execute test cases for the 4G/5G firmware and debug and analyze issues found during the testing Create test automation of 4G/5G UEs, test simulators and test gNodeBs. Verify key protocol, signal processing and numerical algorithms with very tight time, latency and energy budgets. Work with Systems/Firmware teams to perform validation of new and existing features. Assist in the development of pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms and use them for pre-silicon firmware design and HW verification. Evaluate and implement leading edge tools for build, formal verification and test.
Education & Experience
Master’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.