AMS Lab Validation Engineer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that dedication. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which nurtures creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. We are looking to hire a Lab Validation Engineer in a group at Apple that develops SOCs that will be used in Apple mobile devices. You will be responsible for the lab characterization for Apple SOCs covering high-speed IO (both parallel and serial) with emphasis in protocol validation. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly upbeat individual who can help us with tomorrow’s challenges. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk.
- Experience in interoperability test development, debug, and reporting.
- Excellent test and script programming skills, Python preferred.
- Experience with High Speed measurement and protocol analyzers/exerciser equipment.
- Experience in testing serial I/O, SERDES, and memory interfaces.
- Proficient protocol knowledge in one or more of the following standards: PCIe, MPHY, USB, DP.
Protocol level testing (mainly physical & data link layer), debug, and characterization of chip interface. Debug of protocol level interoperability and compliance failure. Setup, debug, and maintain lab system test environment. Develop and execute software scripts to automate stress and coverage tests. Collaborate with chip design teams, system HW and SW design teams.
Education & Experience
MS in Electrical Engineering or industrial experience equivalent.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.