Apple Music Apps - Technical Writer / Instructional Designer
Rellingen, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Software and Services
Apple's Music Apps team is looking for a hardworking Technical Writer/Instructional Designer to work on a broad palette of Help products for apps on the iOS and MacOS platforms. We are seeking a proactive individual with excellent writing skills and hands-on music production expertise. The ideal candidate is self-organized and can contribute in a diverse team environment that demands high quality, creativity, and consistency. This is a temporary part-time position in our German office in Rellingen near Hamburg.
- At least 2 years experience in the music apps industry in a customer communication-focused position such as technical writing, support, or instructional design
- Excellent English writing skills paired with the ability to distill relevant information and tailor towards diverse audiences
- Proficient in current tech writing tools (HTML/XML editors); experience in version control (SVN/GIT), design/production tools, and scripting is a plus
- Expertise in music production apps/workflows on iOS/Mac OS is essential, with hands-on experience in Apple's Music Apps being strongly preferred
- Musical background/proficiency in music theory is a strong bonus
- Attention to detail and the ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work across teams to capture and verify information
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to thrive in an agile project setup, with the ability to positively adapt to quickly and often informally changing requirements
Creates accurate English Help deliverables for Logic Pro, GarageBand Mac and GarageBand iOS, MainStage, and other applications Works closely with software engineers, product designers, and QA to independently research features and detail their function Converts abstract technical specifications into easily accessible how to content relevant to end user workflows Develops innovative solutions to let customers learn our technologies in energetic and intuitive ways Works on international teams and multiple projects with potentially overlapping or simultaneous deadlines
Education & Experience
- Degree in Technical Communication, Information Design, Instructional Technologies, or similar is a plus
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.