Silicon Validation Engineer (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Would you like to join Apple’s fast growing cellular wireless team in Munich? Our team is responsible for validating the RF performance of top-notch, monolithic, cellular transceivers and the RF sub-systems built around them. In order to expand our team’s validation capability towards future Apple products, we are looking for an experienced, passionate RF engineer with good programming skills. The world-class cellular RF sub-systems developed in our labs are enabling Apple mobile devices in un-compromised cellular network connectivity at lowest possible battery drain, enabling long hours of enjoyable customer experience. Join us and leverage your passion for RF and excellence, bringing your experience to the world's most innovative company!
- Proven experience in characterising and debugging RF cellular systems and components, including root cause analysis in the laboratory
- Strong programming skills with languages such as Python,C/C++, Matlab for test script generation in a HW/SW environment
- Deep understanding in RF fundamentals & RF measurement techniques & operating an array of RF instruments
- Expert in creating test automation scripts to run in lab and/or regression environment
- Good knowledge of cellular 3GPP (3G/4G/5G) standards with focus on RF aspects
- Mastery of reviewing and interpreting hardware specifications for cellular TRX and front-end components
- The ability to collaborate technically with various teams of the project setup (Design, Firmware, System, etc.)
- Team spirit, excellent communication skills and the desire to accept diverse challenges are essential
We are searching for an experienced Cellular RF System Validation Engineer. In this role you have the unique opportunity to be at the forefront of market-leading, cutting-edge cellular transceivers. Responsibilities include: Develop automated test scripts to characterize and optimize parametric performance on RF sub-system level, or block level, at a laboratory test bench or at remote test stations Assess key performance parameters according to design specifications or 3GPP specifications, debug and optimize RF parameters on system level to meet 3GPP compliance in mass production. Collaborate closely with tooling experts to program routines in a framework for HW regression tests You will develop your verification plans in a cross functional team together with design and system leads Analyze issues & root cause identification encountered during investigating the DUT, with the ability to identify and solve problems as well providing ideas for workarounds, either alone or in collaboration with other teams Support RF feature definition with responsibility for implementation and validation Ownership varies from component level / SoC bring up to fully featured operation on modem level Connect the work carried out between existing pre-silicon investigations and implementation in post silicon environment and product design Prepare and present status & progress tracking
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or computer science is required. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.