Wireless Standardisation Engineer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Software and Services
As a Senior Wireless Standardization Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for representing Apple and driving Apple’s strategic interest in related standard bodies. With the great opportunity to create innovations that benefit Apple’s product lines and generate new IP, he/she will be working with a dynamic team in driving Apple’s global standardization activities.
- Strong knowledge of wireless/internet standards, including but not limited to 3GPP 5G-NR/5GC, 4G, 3G and their applications.
- Direct hands-on experience in participation in major global standardization organizations, such as 3GPP, GSMA, NGMN, ETSI, etc., with a proven track record in achieving effective standardization deliveries.
- Proven abilities of effectively leading cross-functional groups on technical initiatives and IP generations
- Excellent IP generation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, obsessively passionate and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways.
As a Senior Standardization Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of standards for wireless system radio interface L2/L3 protocols (RRC/SDAP/PDCP/RLC/MAC), network architecture and interface protocols, system architecture and functionalities, or protocols for NAS, VoLTE/VoWi-Fi/VoNR/SMS, location services etc. You will actively participate in 3GPP RAN2/RAN3/SA2/CT1 meetings representing Apple, and drive company strategic interests in those organizations. You will also support various internal teams to bring new ideas and define new features.
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD or equivalent and extensive experience in wireless systems design.