SoC Physical Design Verification Engineer
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Do you love creating elegant solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, power-efficient processor, system-on-chip (SoC). You’ll ensure Apple products and services can seamlessly handle the tasks that make them beloved by millions. Joining this group means you’ll be crafting and building the technology that fuels Apple’s devices. Together, we enable our customers to do all the things they love with their devices. In this highly visible role, you will be a critical part of a growing team responsible for physical verification of SOC's in Munich, Germany. Join us!
- - Familiar with hierarchical design approach, top-down design
- - Experience with padring, bump, RDL design
- - Familiar with GDS assembly, GDS requirements for hard macros
- - Analog/Digital Layout design background and experience is a plus
- - Experienced in industry standard tools used for physical verification such as Mentor Calibre as well as collaborating with foundries
- - Familiar with TCL scripting
- Work with Physical Design team to understand chip architecture and drive physical verification aspects early in design cycle - Work on full chip DRC and LVS (including understanding of the PNR tools, ERC, high voltage check) - Work with physical design team, drive methodologies and “best known methods” to streamline physical design work, come up with guidelines and checklists, drive execution, and supervise progress while offering physical verification support. - Support partition owners with Physical Verification activities, set goals, plan short and long-term work. - Resolve design and flow issues related to physical design, identify potential solutions and drive execution. - Collaborate with the package and floorplan teams
Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.