Senior CAD Engineer – HSI Automation (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Multifaceted, phenomenal and inspiring people, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist? In this highly visible and cross-functional role, as a senior member of our hardware CAD team, you will be responsible for developing best in class methodologies and flows for Apple integrated circuits (IC) for mobile products. You will architect, develop and support IC and IP Hardware/Software Interface (HSI) infrastructure to automate system design based on register level and connectivity description design formats. In this role, you will use your programming skills to drive development for this HW/SW co-development infrastructure and extend the formats to support IC level integration at the system level. You will be working with product architects, operating system designers, silicon validation engineers, RTL design engineers, Firmware designers and other CAD teams to streamline the data exchange pipeline within the company as well as with external vendors.
- Requires extensive years of industry experience in CAD and chip design.
- Solid Python programming skills highly desirable, but efficient programming capabilities in any of the following required: Python, Perl, C++, Java, etc
- Experience in the SDLC and associated development practices required (i.e. unit testing, coverage, feature tracking, agile development, CI/CD, etc)
- Experience developing front-end or design verification regression/build environments including experience in Verilog simulators, emulation accelerators, and/or FPGA based verification systems.
- Experience using System Verilog, IP-XACT and System RDL for Hardware design intent capture.
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with large-scale, multi-site compute farms and queuing systems (e.g. LSF, SunGrid, NC)
- Hands-on experience with revision control systems (e.g. CVS, SubVersion, Perforce, GIT) and data management (structured data, schema management, etc)
- Proficiency with Unix-based environments, shell scripting and automation
- Experienced working remotely with global teams
- Excellent communications skills, including strong teamwork/collaboration skills with customer interfacing skills being a big plus
- Architect, develop, maintain and enhance large scale, reliable and intelligent HSI infrastructure. - Optimize automated system for maximum throughput through efficient license usage, computing and disk utilization. - Contribute to the definition and evolution of an IP-XACT compatible exchange format and associated HSI automation to improve our data exchange across multiple design domains. - Interface with multiple design and CAD teams to seek opportunities for further automation and regression testing to drive Quality-of-Results (QoR) improvements and efficiency
Education & Experience
- MS or BS in CE/CS or similar engineering degree
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.