Education Account Executive (AE) Fixed Term Cover - max 12 months
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Education Account Executive (AE) sits in the German Education team, and he/she is in charge of developing, leading and executing Apple’s strategy for Education across her/his assigned region (Bavaria). In this role you will be responsible to deliver on unit and market share goals. You are the point of expertise and accountability for the Education business in your region, providing the tools, resources, knowledge and infrastructure needed to support the German Education plan. This role covers a wide variety of projects and will require interfacing with many other Apple departments such as Sales Planning & Operations, Channel & Sales Development, Apple Retail, Legal, Finance, Business Markets and the leadership team.
- Track record of sales growth in an Education Sales or Public Sector environment
- Experience in the German markets
- Track record of successfully working in a virtual team remotely based in a home office
- Experience of managing and executing regional or global sales programs for stimulating sales growth
- Ability to manage and influence at senior executive level is crucial, with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to plan and document actions and activities is also an important element of the role
- Experience and ability to motivate virtual sales teams in multiple regions is mandatory as well as working in a matrix organisation
- Deep understanding of the Education segment, how to succeed and key trends
- Knowledge of Apple’s Education solutions allied to competitive advantages
- Proven sales skills in complex, multi year projects
- Proven ability to innovate
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Managing to tight timelines
- Fluent in Germany and English
The role demands full accountability for the Education business in Bavaria including managing and engaging with key customers and partners. Working with the German Education sales organisation ensuring consistency on Apple’s approach and strategy in this segment. In close coordination with the country Education team, to work on effective sales strategies into qualified accounts for Apple to expand our penetration of all Apple products into K12 and HiEd.
Education & Experience
Degree level preferred
- - Delivery of the Education Strategy for her/hie assigned region and subsequent results.
- - Strong collaboration with the broader country Education and Channel teams and her/his peers in key European countries influencing resources and programs to significantly grow Apple’s Education business in Germany.
- - Demonstrable influence with the German Education team on long term strategy setting, for all Apple products and Solutions across all segments K12, HiEd and Education public sector (on federal state level).
- - Work with Account Development Executives of relevant Apple Solution Experts and Apple Authorised Resellers to assist identifying and closing significant pipeline opportunities.
- - Quarterly reviews with country Education and Commercial leads on performance against objectives, top pipeline prospects, key trends & requests.
- - Accountable for creation, timely submission, approval, execution and subsequent return on investment measurement of OPEX and BDF budgets.
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity.