Product Designer - Music Apps
Rellingen, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
Software and Services
You love producing music on iOS and macOS! You know the marketplace inside-out, have tried everything that's out there, but from your point of view all that's out there still leaves something to be desired. You are bursting with ideas for improving workflows and crafting new apps. You can fluently present your ideas verbally and in writing, both in German and in English. You can convincingly sketch out your ideas visually, be it on a whiteboard or in an app and you love to work in a team. Your ideas are challenged by like-minded folks, not only other designers, but engineers, QA groups, and product marketing managers, so you can improve your designs in an iterative process over and over again. You are able to understand user needs, grasp and distill sophisticated workflow issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions. Or in short: You'd love to help design the music production app that will impact how customers all over the world create music! This position is part-time and located in Rellingen, Germany.
- - Strong interest and ideally experience crafting music creation applications.
- - Ideally experience in designing iOS app experiences from start to finish as a product designer with familiarity of iOS development.
- - An online or PDF portfolio showcasing UX design work for mobile and desktop.
- - Expert knowledge of music production DAW software such as: Logic, Cubase, Live, FL Studio, ProTools or equivalent
- - Expert knowledge of effects and instruments used in modern/co contemporary music production, ideally not only in software (AU/VST), but also in hardware
- - Familiarity with presentation and design prototyping software such as: Keynote, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Omnigraffle or equivalent
- - Ability and passion to understand distinct user groups quickly and iterate solutions to their needs.
- - Ability to build and evaluate sketches, wireframes and written documentation, and coordinate them into feature and product specifications that are easy and enjoyable to use for other designers, engineers, documentation writers.
- - Passion for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique, and galvanizing a broad range of opinions from various partners around a shared and common goal.
- - Ability to function both independently and in a team environment, with tight-knit collaboration and communication skills.
- - Ability to deliver proven work on a tight schedule while balancing multiple projects.
- - Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project.
- - Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills in both English and German
- - Mastery of iOS and macOS, with a passion for the Apple design and workflows, our products, and our customers
The position requires working across different teams to build consensus and provide results under tight deadlines. Strong communication skills are a must, as is the ability to mediate, as well as coolness under pressure, strong problem solving capabilities, attention to detail, and being able to cope with rapid change. Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who understands Apple’s high standards and design aesthetic to the core.
Education & Experience
- Degree in music technology, music production, human interaction sociology, psychology, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent. Alternatively, 3+ years of working experience as a product designer. - Shown experience in Music Production