Cellular Protocol Stack framework and tools
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Software and Services
The Apple Cellular Protocol Software (CPS) team is actively looking for a colleague to contribute and grow in our Common Framework team. Join us and be part of the team that powers the working productivity and efficiency of Apple software development! As a member of this team, you will use your practical knowledge and experience with computer science to help us build, maintain and extend the necessary architectures that assure successful, efficient and bug-free delivery of the software and collaborate with the most innovative software teams in the world.
- Ability to work independently as a member of a CPS Component Framework team
- Strong communication ability across teams worldwide (English)
- Experience in complex software systems (if possible cellular protocol stack)
- Familiar with both MacOS and Linux operating systems for development purposes
- Compiler construction practice
- Familiarity with C/C++
- Shell-scripting (e.g. bash-shell) and automation scripts (perl, python)
- Knowledge of Git
- HTML, CSS
- Basic understanding of Cellular Protocol Stack
This position provides prospective candidates an opportunity working with the Apple cellular software Common Framework team. Based on your experience, system understanding and internal customer orientation you drive improvement of the common framework and related tools. You will contribute to cellular framework software development & improvement, continuous integration, continuous delivery, deployment and automation projects. The Common Framework team’s scope covers: Protocol stack messaging and logging framework Air message en-/decoding environment Generating documentation Specialised compiler and tooling development Automation of verification, e.g. message en-/decoding Specification analysis (3GPP and internal) Interface and component design with other teams of Apple SW development, verification and debugging
Education & Experience
Master or higher degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical and Computer Engineering or equivlent
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace