PHY System Engineer (Simulation) (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Wireless technologies have become a crucial part of all Apple devices that delight our customers. With the latest developments in cellular, we utilize a sophisticated simulation platform to study performance of our devices in complicated radio and network conditions and gain insights for system design. We are looking for an expert PHY Systems Engineer who has a deep understanding of wireless technology. In this role you will be at the center of a silicon design group responsible for physical layer system and algorithm design for state-of-the-art wireless SoC products, with a focus in wireless system design, modeling, and simulations.
- Deep-knowledge of communication system theory and PHY signal processing
- Proven track-record in SW and simulator design in C/C++, including experience with simulator frameworks.
- In-depth knowledge of wireless communication systems with hands-on experience in lab testing & characterization.
- Experience with Matlab, C/C++ and/or Python for algorithm development, modeling (floating-point and fixed-point) and link-level simulation.
- Experience with 4G/5G PHY FW design is a plus as well as experience in chip bring-up including the use of lab equipment such as protocol test equipment, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power meters, etc..
- Knowledge of current cellular communication standards: 5G (NR) and 4G (LTE).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills (linear algebra, random processes, detection and estimation, debugging and fixing of defects).
• You will design and simulate state-of-the-art physical layer wireless communication system algorithms for very high data rate applications. • Implement fixed-point models and perform detailed performance investigations to allow performance sign-off and enable RTL bit-exact development. • Work with digital and firmware designers to realize these algorithms with power and area efficient digital implementations. • Test and characterize real silicon in lab and back-annotate the results into the simulation environments. • Supply link-level simulator modelling and framework design. • Design PHY test cases for new features and drive feature bring-up and issue resolution.
Education & Experience
MS in Computer Science or Electrical/Information Engineering with 10+ years of working experience or PhD in relevant field with 5+ years of working experience.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.