Camera Hardware – Digital Architect – Machine Vision
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Architect, design and develop next-generation Cameras and related systems/technologies for Apple products. The Camera Hardware team develops cutting edge camera solutions and technologies for Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the team is to enable the world’s best camera experience for our customers. Many of the capabilities of Apple’s products rely on Machine Vision & Machine Learning which are enabled by Apple’s unique approach to HW/SW co-design and optimization. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- 10+ year experience in digital design with chip or system level architecture development.
- Demonstrated background in novel or high-performance image sensing devices/systems
- Experience in algorithm development and signal processing data-path design and/or Neural Network processing
- Proficient in MatLab/SystemC/SysML or other high-level modelling languages
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of EE, CE and Physics principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Work cross-functionally to develop digital control & processing HW architectures for Machine Vision Cameras, Sensors & Systems - Evaluate problem space to determine key system requirements - Evaluate solution space including optimal compute partition and hardening strategies for Machine Vision algorithms. - Develop & drive chip level architecture specifications through the implementation phase
Education & Experience
Master's/PhD in Electrical Engineering, CS/CE or industry experience equivalent Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace