Depth Sensor Development Engineer - Camera Hardware
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. This position can be based either in Munich or Grenoble. The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware for all related Apple products. Our target is to deliver outstanding camera hardware to enable best-in-class camera user experience. As a key member of the Core Sensing Devices team, you will be responsible for the modeling, design, optimization, and validation of pixels, in-pixel circuits, and development of new sensors. In your new role, you will be at the center of efforts to develop new depth sensing technology, and you will engage with multi-functional teams working on many aspects of system, module, circuit, and device development.
- You will have 5+ years of proven experience in image sensor design and validation, or other ASICs sharing relevant functionalities with sensors.
- Experience in analog/mixed-signal circuit design with emphasis on front-end analog circuits and/or data converters. Alternatively, experience in logic circuit design and validation with emphasis on low-power high-performance sensor development.
- Experience in model-based design with advanced math skills.
- Experience in electro-optical characterization of imaging solutions and/or sensor functional validation (analog and logic-oriented).
- Proficiency in modeling and data analysis tools (e.g. MATLAB, etc.)
- Programming skills to develop software/firmware/scripts for validation, characterization, and prototyping.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are familiar with depth sensing technology, depth and image sensor performance metrics, and integration into camera systems.
As a Depth Sensor Development Engineer, your core responsibilities will be: - Devise, model, design, implement, validate, and characterize sensors for specific applications. - Development and validation of sensor specifications to engage with internal and external partners. - Collaborating with global image sensor suppliers to develop new image sensors for different applications. - Documenting and presenting your results to both internal and external engineering teams. - Working with internal and external teams to assure that sufficient and accurate testing is implemented at all stages to guarantee performance. - Multi-functional collaboration to develop next generation imaging products and features with focus on depth sensing.
Education & Experience
MSc/PhD in electrical engineering, EECS, physics, or a similar subject area.