Product Engineer (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Do you love crafting sophisticated solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, RF devices. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that operates Apple’s devices. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product! In this role, your responsibilities will involve Product Characterization on different setups and driving towards the resolution of issues & findings in a cross functional team in order to ensure readiness for mass production.
- Ideally you should have 5+ years of relevant experience in either Product Engineering or other related roles like Test Engineering, DFT, Circuit Design or Process Technology.
- You have extensive experience in Product Engineering of high volume, high complex, high quality products, preferably in the RF space.
- You have strong and proven analytical skills and problem solving skills in a complex and worldwide team set-up.
- You have in-depth knowledge of statistical evaluation of high volume data and statistics tool handling
- Python/JMP knowledge and experience including script programming skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with internal team members and external suppliers to drive project execution
- Required are excellent English communication skills, both written & spoken and experience in collaboration as part of international, multi-cultural teams.
This role involves driving and coordinating diverse New Product Introduction (NPI) activities for silicon analog/RF products to ensure compliance to specs, enough design and process margin to ramp the product into high-volume manufacturing with optimal yields, and deployment of a sound test strategy that balances test coverage, quality and cost. A Product Engineer in this position gets involved in pre-silicon stages to review product definition and specs and ensure best practices for “Design for Manufacturability” are followed that will allow the device to be commercially viable; then collaborates with Design, Systems, Process and Test Engineers to define characterization and test-coverage plans to evaluate the device performance under all corner conditions required by the product objective spec. The Product Engineer then takes, aggregates and analyzes silicon data from different sources (screen, characterization, DOEs, quals, etc.) to evaluate device performance vs. spec and drives changes needed on the test-solution, design, system-level operation, spec definition or foundry process to address any gaps found. Finally owns the definition of the Mass-Production Final Test coverage and screen limits with proper guard-bands for PVT variations and aging effects to ensure quality material for the target lifetime of the end-product.
Education & Experience
Master Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/ Software Engineering or equivalent. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.