AMS Design Verification Intern - Digital Modeling of Correlated Variation (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Multifaceted, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product! The AMS IP team is responsible for a wide portfolio of IPs & complete subsystems going to all the Apple products. In this context the Design Verification Engineer collaborates with many different teams at Apple and builds knowledge of many chips & platforms in order to bring system-level understanding into the verification flow. The responsibility goes end-to- end: starting at the specification level, defining verification strategy & plan, carrying out the verification, doing performance analysis, and handling all the different quality metrics to signoff the verification.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of electronics and ML algorithms highly desirable.
- Knowledge of SystemVerilog or Verilog-AMS also a plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-organised working style
- Ability to work well in an international team and be productive under tight schedules
- Availability for at least 6 months
This internship will focus on increasing model accuracy and applicability by automatically adding the contribution of variation to previously existing DMS models of analog blocks. You will have to create software to post-process simulation, identify the main sources of performance variation and create models by numerical regression able to reproduce most of the original variation. You export these models in a format compatible with current DMS models while providing visualization of intermediate and final results. Your tasks will include: - Post-process simulation results to identify the most impacting parameters - Apply numerical regression to build model reproducing correlated variation - Export model wrapper for use with existing models - Provide visualization of result
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your penultimate year of studies in a CE, EE, CS or related field (Bachelor's, Master's or PhD).
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.