RF/Mixed-Signal Test Development Engineer - ATE
Munich, Bavaria-Bayern, Germany
Do you love crafting sophisticated solutions to highly complex challenges? Do you intrinsically see the importance in every detail? As part of our Silicon Technologies group, you’ll help design and manufacture our next-generation, high-performance, RF devices. Joining this group means you’ll be responsible for crafting and building the technology that operates Apple’s devices. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. You should join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product! In this role, your responsibilities will be to develop the ATE production test solutions that will guarantee the constant high quality of our integrated RF devices in high volume production.
- Ideally you should already have relevant experience in developments for Automatic Test Equipment or other related roles like Silicon Validation Engineering, Product Engineering, Design-for-Test or Circuit Design
- Strong background in RF/Analog/Mixed-Signal test and debug and hands-on experience with related measurement equipment
- Validated experience with object oriented software development (e.g. Java/Python) in a team using continuous integration flows and version control like Git/GitLab
- Knowledge of RF and Analog Semiconductors and their manufacturing process
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with internal team members and external suppliers to drive project execution
- You have strong and proven analytical skills and problem solving skills in a complex and worldwide team set-up
- Required are excellent English communication skills, both written & spoken and experience in collaboration as part of international, multi-cultural teams
- Occasional international travel may be required
As an RF test development engineer (ATE), it will be your task to develop the test solutions that will guarantee the constant high quality of our integrated RF devices in high volume production. Together with your project partners in silicon validation, circuit design, system engineering, firmware development and product engineering, you will define the required test coverage for mass production. It will be part of your responsibility to find the optimum solution with respect to outgoing quality and production efficiency. Your test solution will be using Automated Test Equipment, a class of highly complex measurement equipment that is explicitly designed for this purpose. Writing the test program, designing the required hardware to interface the device under test and correlation activities between your test environment and bench measurements in the verification lab will all be part of your daily work. Occasional travel may be required, as you will be working with internal and external partners worldwide.
Education & Experience
Master Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science/ Software Engineering or equivalent. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Must be fluent in English