Field Design Engineer
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Region, Hong Kong
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Do you want to impact millions of users by developing an extra-ordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? We are the Apple Field Design Engineering team, and we are seeking a highly motivated and technical individual to work on testing unreleased apple products. You will be responsible for evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch hardware systems, in the field, from early prototype to final products, on different network and wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of device logs from the field. Come join our team and become part of a hands-on team that fosters engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. We are a team of multifaceted, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish, imagine what you could do here!
- A minimum 1-3 years hands-on experience with end to end testing of cellular technologies that includes test plan preparation, field testing, log analysis & debugging UE issues
- Working knowledge in wireless technologies and standards (5G NR, LTE/LTE-A, UMTS)
- Deep understanding of cellular protocol stack from PHY/MAC to higher layers, Call processing
- With experience owning a complete functional area of an application or product with clear communication across multiple levels in the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detailed oriented, analytical, able to work independently.
- Able to travel locally and internationally
Field Design Engineer will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW/SW systems in both field and Lab. This includes very early evaluations of our prototypes and HW systems on different wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of trace log from the field. It also includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals, GPS and NFC validation, etc.. The successful candidate will be working with several multi-functional teams and perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/SW system issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- - Ambitious, able to take on obstacles in innovative ways
- - Knowledge of Antenna/ RF design, GNSS and /or NFC technologies is a plus
- - Basic scripting experience (Shell/Perl/Python/Matlab)